View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 03:19 PM   #1884
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I can't think of anyone that's managed to put up nearly 2,000 PAs in 3 seasons and still not even squeak out a single win share.

That combination of bad and still in the lineup is pretty unparalleled. And to get it from a player that isn't really all that expensive on a team who's top prospect is ALSO a shortstop....man, I do not understand Yost's fascination with Alcides Escobar.

Escobar has one decent season in the last 5 and that one decent season was fueled by one extremely good month. Apart from that extremely brief stretch in 2014, he's been a genuinely bad baseball player for half a decade.

Yet every day, like clockwork, he's in the lineup and usually at/near the top of the order. I mean ultimately all Yost has to do is say 'Scoreboard bitches" and I kinda have to shut up. But still...damn it's hard to find a guy with that long a period of poor production who has gotten to stay in the lineup.
That is your classic example where it's humans play the sport not the sabermetric numbers. Escobar voodoo magic made them go from the lead off spot for what ever reason.

But he is done. I was being a smart ass when I posted his picture.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.