View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #1877
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Fowler's hit extremely well in the 3 hole and his bat profiles nicely there, especially as a switch hitter. Carpenter in the leadoff spot is the only place where we may actually get plus value out of him given the fact that he can't play defense or run the bases.

Besides, we only have 3 lefties (including Fowler) so if you put Pham at leadoff, you're pretty much stuck going back to back at some point with Fowler/Carpenter and that seems like a bad idea.

Carpenter - Pham - Fowler - Ozuna goes LRLR at the top of the order with alternating OBP/Power strengths and Pham's speed ahead of a couple of guys that can score him from 1st on a double. Given the present roster, that's an easy call for 1-4.

Carpenter - Pham - Fowler - Ozuna - Gyorko - DeJong - Wong - Molina -P would be how I'd ultimately round out the present roster. Molina's such a damn clog out there that you don't want him higher in the order and DeJong can't move any further back in the order because he'll get more and more slop back there and given his shit discipline, he'll swing at it. He needs some protection on either side of him to get him pitches to hit. By the same token you can't put him any higher because he makes too many outs.

I could actually be convinced to flip Wong and Gyorko pretty easily as well. If I knew what I'd get out of Wong, I'd probably prefer it.
I agree on Molina, I just don't see the meathead putting him lower than 7th, but he actually could be a nice 8th place hitter. I like trying Jedd 5th, those are all higher than average on base guys ahead of him allowing him to cause a little more damage than he probably had opportunities to do in the past.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli