View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 06:07 AM   #2297
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
So I just got back from the Original Trilogy and hoo boy, what a big piece of shit . . .
This is probably the most intelligent (if not the only intelligent) thing you've ever posted. And it offers the direct counterpart to the ET Canada video.

The ultimate problem with the Star Wars universe of films is that it really shouldn't have been one at all. The first film was such a perfect encapsulation; we really didn't need to know that Darth Vader was his father, or Leia was his sister. But they felt the need to make it a trilogy and, Ewoks aside, they didn't do too bad of a job (even though they killed Boba Fett off ruthlessly and pointlessly). Then it all fell to shit with the prequels, which introduced us to midichlorians, child Darth building C3PO, Jar-Jar ****ing Binks, little Boba and his dad, horrible whining teenage Anakin, no chemistry between Anakin and Padme and putrid love dialogue that the Hallmark Channel would be embarrassed to air, and a bunch of other awful shit. Honestly, this universe started going off the rails when Boba Fett fell into the Sarlacc Pit and Ewoks showed up, and totally left the track with the prequels, so why should we be surprised that it smashed into a brick wall in TFA and TLJ? I now understand why one reviewer said "TLJ is a decent sci-fi film but it's not a Star Wars film"; if you watch it while detaching your brain from the Star Wars universe, it's not bad, but if you try to fit it into the previous goings-on--not to mention questioning the plot holes and stupid science stuff*--then you'll have issues with it.

*For example, I've heard people talking about the hyperspace destruction caused by Laura Dern ramming her ship into the fleet. I can buy that action and brush off people who say "why wouldn't they do this all the time", because to me it always looks like a ship in the Star Wars (and even Star Trek) universe have a ramp-up speed before they jump to lightspeed. You see a short blur of light and then they vanish, so I can buy the theory that if you hit another ship during that short blur period you can damage them. However, the whole hyperspace thing opens up another plot stupidity that I haven't heard anyone mention: the First Order is sloooooowly chasing this departing Rebel fleet, slooooowly inching closer as the movie goes on. Why didn't they just send one destroyer to hyperspace in front of them by a few miles and turn around?
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote