View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #1820
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I'm okay with that approach in this case because I dont think we can sign him even at $400 million that we have to spend. As DJ pointed out, we might be seeing a shift in these top players only playing for the coast teams.

Reyes, Kelly and a comp pick for one year? No thanks.
I dont think they would have to give up Kelly, if only for the reason that the Orioles likely dont want him, their #1 prospect is a catcher that they called up last season.

I would give up Reyes in a heartbeat though. You are holding onto this belief that he is going to be a guaranteed ace or something. He's already blown up his arm and his command issues might land him in the bullpen his entire career. Plus, Reyes wont be getting any significant starting time til hes basically in his arbitration years.

As it sits are the Cardinals going to be contending for the division by just adding Ozuna? They only have him under contract for 2 years and unless he fires Boras they aren't re-signing him before he hits the market.

So if your belief is that the Cardinals wont be able to sign any star bats, what are they going to add in FA for the final year that Ozuna is with the Cardinals to win a WS?

Guess you better hope they get something done with the Rays that costs their entire farm system.

Last edited by jd1020; 12-18-2017 at 09:50 AM..
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.