View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:52 AM   #207
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post
Again...I know that seems to make sense...but name one executive that is ready to restock our system with trades for either of those guys. MAYBE at the trade deadline. Other GM's are inquiring, because if we're rebuilding...they want to see if they can get a bargain. Few clubs will offer what we want if they feel they have leverage because they believe rebuilding for us means every player must go.
I feel like I just did - the Angels would almost certainly be eager listeners. In for a penny, in for a pound. They're going full LeBron over the next 3 years to do anything they can to convince Trout to re-sign after this contract ends and become a lifelong Angel. They can't do that if they just keep lowing 80+ games/season and missing the playoffs.

Perez's relatively affordable contract would be very appealing to them. As would his impact on a relatively young pitching staff. He's a perfect fit for that team.

As for Duffy - who wouldn't want a lefty with plus stuff? I don't think he has Quintana's value, but Quintana returned a top 10 prospect and another top 75 guy. Duffy could probably return two top 50 guys pretty easily. Why wouldn't the Blue Jays discuss Alford and Bichette for Duffy?

Hell, you know you who call? The New York Yankees. You send them Duffy, they send you Clint Frazier, Chance Adams and Dustin Fowler. You take a big swing with them and they probably counter with Frazier, Andujar and Acevedo.

It's not at all farfetched. If you could turn Duffy and Salvy into Frazier, Adell, Thiess, Adujar, Canning and Acevedo....jesus, you've loaded that system to the gills. That's probably a little higher return than you'd get but you're dabbling in the margins, IMO.

That's two incredibly toolsy young OFers, your corner IF of the future with a couple of nice polished hitters, a high end (seriously high end) young arm in Acevedo and a high floor almost certain 3rd starter in Canning.

You'd be well on your way to competing, if not contending, by 2021 if you supplement those deals with smart acquisitions.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.