View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #10258
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Anyone have a strong duck game? I have a few breast I picked up this morning.
Brine and smoke at low temp of 160-170 for 1.5 to hours (temp 135) with cherry or apple. I cold smoke for a longer time and then sear the fatty skin side just 2 short of burning it. I like the skin crispy!

Get FMB's advice on Sous Vide if you have one.

I also like it sauted and roasted. Something like this:

Brine, but not more than a few hours, as you wish. rinse, pat dry. Season with Sea salt, Pepper, or any seasoning you choose. I used "moose dust" (My own hot and spicy) or Emeril's

in a very heavy, oven safe, saute/ fry pan heat olive oil until smoke appears, add the duck breast, skin side down. Sear for 6 minutes. Flip the duck breast over and immediately place the pan in a 400 degree oven. Roast the breast(s Better in pairs) for 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the duck breasts to rest 2 to 3 minutes before slicing. Temp again is 135.

Slice on the diagonal and serve with.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.