View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
MVP

It does not have to be new to take "section 179" as long as its a HD truck and is used 50% for business. Bonus is only for new but you would have to be buying a small SUV to capture it. On a small truck/ suv the 179 is capped at 25K and bonus on a new vs used would be $10K Trucks over 6Klbs are 100% write off new or used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
He’s probably referring to bonus depreciation that you don’t get with used. That would benefit him if he doesn’t keep it for the 5 year life.

I’m on the other end. My position is industry standard is the business provides agronomists and managers a vehicle that they also drive to and from work. So I’m taking 100% of the bastard and the corporation pays repairs. I’m not dicking around with mileage logs, percentages, allocations, goddamned cluster**** rocket science equations to calculate a couple thousand dollars gain when you trade the ****er off.

Not this ****ing guy. Corporation owns the pickup per industry standard. No sense making something simple complicated to the sake of the IRS.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.