View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post

So we can win a SB with Smitty, you can win a SB with almost any QB.

#GoChiefs
I think we’ve all agreed at some point over the last few years that Smith COULD win a SB on the right team, in the right situation. I honestly even thought earlier this year we might have such a team this season. However, I think most of us have now realized that the loss of Berry, vaporization of our pass rush, and unfixed run defense have left us with a defense that bears no resemblance to those in years past. A strong, playmaking, scoring defense is one thing that I think Smith must have to win a SB.

So yes, Smith COULD win a SB, but the Chiefs now lack some of the key requirements for him to do so. Mahomes probably won’t win the SB for us this year either. It would take special quarterbacking to overcome our defensive weaknesses. However, Smith sure as hell isnt going to do it or he would have been doing already over the last 5 games.

People’s side in this debate comes down to what kind of personality they have. Think of driving along in your car and you come up to a traffic jam that is moving slowly but not stopped. You are in a place you don’t know very well and don’t have access to google maps. There are side roads leading off all over the place with no traffic on them. You think they will take you where you want to go, but can’t be completely sure. Do you take off and try to find a way around or do you just sit there in traffic moving slowly along and stick it out? This franchise has been sitting in traffic for years and those of us who would take off on the side roads are anxious to get out of the jam and try a new way. We’ve done the slow and steady thing already and it’s boring as hell. Football is supposed to be fun and unpredictable. Let’s have some fun already. You can’t tell me you have been enjoying Chiefs football over the last 5 games.
prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote