Thread: Food and Drink 50 Beers to Try Before You Die
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 05:48 PM   #3789
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I suppose it was worth missing the Chiefs game over.

I'm far from a coffee aficionado, but this years coffee used Intelligentsia’s Black Cat Espresso. I'm familiar with Intelligentsia because my favorite bar here serves it all day. I'll sometimes get a cold pressed coffee from them to-go and use it to jazz up a regular ol shelf stout at home. That said, I'll just say that there's a number of people here that prefer the coffee of others to Intelligentsia's. I thought it was very good, my wife who's also familiar with their coffee, loved it.
Hate to break it to you but as long as the beans aren't burnt, all espresso should taste pretty much the same. The long roasting time and heat burns off the coffee oil which actually has the flavor.

The historical reason for this is that when coffee was first popular in Europe the beans came from all over the place and were of varying quality. Roasting them dark basically made them all taste the same. That is why coffee in Southern Europe: France, Spain, Italy, Austria, and Turkey are all dark roasts while Northern Europe and the Americas: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium are more of a medium roast as they got coffee beans much later once origin and quality were figured out.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.