View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #123
Pepsi, cheeburger, chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Right? It's just so friggen maddening. He ISN'T getting whacked around and he has no reason to be showing the jitters he's showing. He acts like the instant a DE puts a swim move on his tackle that it's all over. I've seen a handful of times where the DE makes the move and gets on Fisher/Schwartz's shoulder so Alex freaks out. Meanwhile Fisher/Schwartz simply do what a good tackle is supposed to do in those situation and use the DE's momentum to push him past and wash him out.

If Smith steps up, the pocket is clean as a whistle in front of him. Instead he does that backwards/sideways freakout thing and takes himself right into where the tackle was trying to shove the guy.

His OL are doing things correctly that Smith is ****ing up by virtue of feeling pressue that isn't there. The middle of the line is holding and he's acting like its in his lap every other play. The outside is pushing their guys up and around the pocket and giving Smith clean throwing lanes but he's not standing in and making a play.

It's all on Smith - all of it. He's just completely lost his nerve and it's pissing me right off.
Great assessment.
Funny that on one play (I think on the sack) the end blew by and Smith had a clean pocket but he still looked over his shoulder for the pressure instead of focusing down field. He panics...
Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.