View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #849
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
If we had a decent defensive coordinator in 2013, it may have been Mizzou vs FSU at the Rose Bowl for all the marbles

We can do it, it just won't be easy. If Wisconsin believes they can do it, Mizzou should too. Afterall, when has Wisconsin ever been a win away from the NCG? Never. Mizzou has done that twice (2007, 2013). I want to return to that level of play, and there's no reason we can't do it a Missouri

That 2013 team was loaded. Best team of the Pinkel era. I think they would have matched up better against Alabama, honestly, than Auburn. Maybe not well enough to win the league, but better (that Alabama team was still running a very pro-style offense, and Missouri's aggressive Tampa 2 matched up nicely against that).

Missouri CAN be a consistent top 25-30 program with a good coach. A few times a decade, that type of program can/should ascend and compete legitimately for a division title.

Unless they land an all-time great coach, that's probably the ceiling for now. And that's fine.

It's also the territory Clemson lived in until Swinney took it to the next level. So it's possible to stabilize and then ascend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.