Thread: Movies and TV 4k TV
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

This is exactly like the "Converter Wars" that exist on various Pro Audio Websites.

Guys will claim that their $2,000 Analog-to-Digital-Analog converters "blow away" a $250 dollar ADA box when in reality, the differences are generally barely perceptible to even the best trained ears.

To top that off, the $250 dollar ADA boxes sold today are infinitely better than the converters used to create some of the greatest music of all time from 1980 to around 2003.

The bottom line for me is that if I pick up a 55" 4K TV, regardless of the price, I'm going to be very happy once it's mounted on the wall while watching programs of my choice.
It’s just not Dane. I am not in the tv business, just like to watch sports and play video games. I have 4 4K TVs 65 inches or bigger, and the Oled smokes them all. I spent a fortune on the Sony XBR940E, and it can’t hold a candle to the LG Oled. It does however blow the cheap 4K tv’s I bought to round out my media room.

I can’t argue what your level of happiness would be given the difference in quality, but I can assure you there is a sizable difference in picture quality between the different 4K TVs to an average person like myself. I’d guess you haven’t spent a lot of time with true 4K HDR, but I could be wrong.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.