View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #1371
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
According to the official release I just linked, the new trilogy will be outside the Skywalker saga and "introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored."

So, we're getting a brand new story in a different part of the Star War galaxy, with an undetermined time line.

That's a ballsy move this early in the game. Wow.
Half a decade from now isn't "so soon" imo, I think it's great. The SW universe is way too rich and vast to just focus and make everything about the Skywalkers, even the current trilogy is a bit too derivative for my tastes. It would be great to see an "expanded" universe where the current crop of main characters are only side characters or alluded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Please, no.

"When I left you, I was but the learner."

"I sense something. A presence I've not felt since..."

They don't see each other between III and IV. Otherwise you're just shitting on canon.
I agree with this. I'd say it's even a stretch to believe he had ANY further adventures between Episode III and Episode IV (although I'm sure they probably will do this anyway). After the last scene in Episode III where he puts on the hood in Tatooine and drives off, it makes perfect sense for him to retire in hiding until Luke shows up.
Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.