View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #7869
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I've said throughout this process dating back to January... no QB can win championships single handedly. They all need a competent surrounding cast. BUT...

It's all about the room for error factor. The better the QB, the more dynamic the QB, the more room for error everywhere else. We were capped with very little room for injuries and weaknesses by Smith from 2013-2016. Luckily, those teams were pretty loaded from 2-53. The Alex that we saw early this year was playing at a level that allowed the most room for error to date in his career, but he has regressed toward the mean for the last month. He throws deep still more often than he once did, but his deep ball accuracy has been far worse. Pittsburgh and Dallas had him completely spooked with their schemes. That version of Smith can't possibly cover for lousy defense or injuries to key players.

I still commend Smith for what has been a career year thus far, but I'm afraid he just can't get over that hump against these defenses who play like PIT/DAL have. It'll show in the playoffs, one way or another. Mahomes was my favorite prospect all along because I felt like his elite potential would give us the best chance at maximum room for error/injury. In a league where the battle of attrition has become immensely critical, you HAVE to have a QB who can 'erase' your injuries as much as possible. Time will tell if that is the case with Pat obviously, but that's what gets me excited for the future.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.