Thread: Movies and TV Horror Movies
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #340
Veteran

I think the action genre has taken a hit, too. CGI has replaced most great stunt work.

I always use the car jump scene from The Man with the Golden Gun as my example of stunt work vs CGI:

Granted, it's a stupid scene, but the stunt itself is extremely impressive. Someone had to risk life and limb to do that scene. The audience knows this. These days, you see a car do a flip and the most you can say is "that looked fairly realistic." It's the difference between doing something impressive, and someone drawing a picture of something impressive. And sometimes those pictures look fake as hell.

Another gutsy stunt scene:

And I don't think modern action stars look as believably tough as actors from previous generations. Bronson, Eastwood, Schwarzenegger vs who? Tom Cruise? Jason Statham? Mark Wahlberg?

No comparison.

Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.