View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #7
Be Kind To Your Pets

Here's Mr. Doggity's Report as well:

The Doggity Chiefs Report
Week 8 – 2017
Donkeys at Chiefs
The Head - Kansas City, MO

Overview: Hey, it was a win against a division rival that you hadn't beaten on Monday Night Football since Joe Montana beat John Elway. Speaking of Mr. Ed, that shot of him in the suite, looking all dejected in the fourth quarter really lifted my spirits! Clearly Kansas City is the better team, as evidenced by the fact that the Chiefs played like crap and still won by two scores. I know Trevor Siemien could use a hug this morning, but that poor boy is not an NFL quarterback. He makes Tyler Palko and Brodie Croyle look like the afore-mentioned Montana and Elway. The newspaper said this morning that the Chiefs "forced" five turnovers. From what I saw, they "forced" ONE turnover - Peters' strip-six of Jamaal. The only forcing they did otherwise was to force themselves not to drop the ball. The offense played well at times,but was often out of sync. Denver's D is just nasty, so I'm not going to read too much into that. Solid job - and I haven't even mentioned THE MAN - Buttkicker!

Offense: The offense looked brilliant at times, and completely out of whack at times. The truth is, this is the best defense they've faced, and a great defense can make you look out of balance. Even still, Smith missed some wide open looks that he usually hits. The strip-sack was just a terrible "look-out" whiff by Eric Fisher, who had a pretty rough night. On the other side, however, Schwartz was a beast who almost completely neutralized Von Miller. It was good to see Morse on the point, again. The shotgun snaps actually got to Smith! Fulton may be a fine guard, but he's not an NFL center. Kareem Hunt had a tough day at the office. There was no where for him to run. I generally thought the play calling was pretty solid, but WHAT THE HELL was Tyreek Hill doing throwing the football into the end zone against THAT defense? That was a huge momentum shift that allowed Denver to hang around in a game where they'd been dominated to that point. A Chiefs TD there is a kill shot. Instead it came up empty. The guy who is the Donkey destroyer - Travis Kelce - came up huge, despite a pretty ugly turned ankle. He's a match-up nightmare, and when he's on, he's a wrecking crew.

Defense: Sutton's defense is very frustrating to watch. Denver's offense is just plain terrible. The worst QB, worst line, marginal runners, only one legit NFL receiver. Yet they matched KC yard-for-yard. The run defense was once again gashed, repeatedly. But they came up with the big plays when they needed them. DJ's break up on 4th down all but ended the game for Denver. Houston looked like his old self - confident, tenacious, quick - things he hasn't really shown since week one. The strip of Charles for a TD was all Marcus Peters, who - despite YET ANOTHER stupid penalty - had a good game. It was nice to have Nelson back. Gaines is a serious liability. Acker had a pick - which was a nice read on a terrible throw. He also drew an interference call that was frankly complete BS. Thomas pretty obviously was the instigator of that contact - putting Acker in a headlock. The flag should have gone the other way. Nonetheless, the defense was often out of position, and were very fortunate on several plays where either Siemien missed a wide open receiver, or the ball got there, but the receiver dropped the ball. Including one sure touchdown. I'm thankful Zeek is out next week for Dallas. But this defense with have to play much better against the much better Dallas offense.

Specials: Colquitt was not his usual self, but didn't really hurt the team, either. The wind was pretty brutal, making all the kicks tougher on both sides. Tyreek had a nice runback that was negated by Murray's completely unnecessary holding penalty. Murray is another liability. DAT's head's up and physical play recovering the muffed punt was big. But what can you say about that ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech - The Buttkicker? Five field goals and two perfect PATs in that wicked wind. He's got that kind of "Sea Bass" attitude and leg strength. I like this kid.

Doggity Dog – There are worse players *cough* (Eric Murray). But to whom much is given, much is expected. Eric Fisher is personally responsible for Alex Smith's first turnover of the year, as well as two false starts. While Schwartz put a lid on Von Miller, Fisher had a rough night.

Give Him a Bone – I have already given a bone to Buttkicker, and a strong case could be made he deserves another, but Travis Kelce deserves some love - not just for playing hurt and having a huge game, but for managing to stay out of trouble while doing it.

The Rest of the West -
The Las Vegas Criminals – I think they brought their last gasp into the Chiefs game. They looked sloppy and very "Raideresque" against the Bills.

The Lost Angel Dolts – Travis Benjamin gets an endorsement deal from Southwest airlines - "Wanna Get Away?" - after he picks up his muffed punt, and runs into his own end zone for a safety. Between that and the turnovers, the Dolts give a Dolt-like performance in Foxboro.

Next up – The Jerry Dome and The Cowpokes.

Your faithful Scribe,
Mr. Doggity.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote