View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 01:42 AM   #777
MVP

Butcher told me yesterday they were going to have a sale on "prime" chuck roasts soon. Maybe prime chuck roll? Perk!!

I just like the flavor of chuck as I never had a real steak until i went to college. My parents grilled 7 bone chucks that were 2"-2.5" and as a steak. My dad dry aged them in the spare fridge in the garage and then injected them with marinade and bagged them before grilling them directly and indirectly for what seemed like eternity to me. He grilled over charcoal with hickory chips during indirect cooking until med rare so after resting that were Med. with a stripe of red in the center.

It was a big piece of Flintstone meat. I remember the long waits while the meat rested for what seemed like hours. My dad would dissect the 5-6 different muscles and carve them to serving size pieces, hiding the little piece of longissimus (ribeye) for himself.

I have never been able to make it as tender as my dad could but something tells me there was a tenderizer in the marinade.

I now buy, when I can, what is called a chuck roll (Choice$4.37lb/ Sams Prime at Restaurant Depot) which is about 20lbs and cook it as 2 pieces just like a brisket.

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.