View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 12:28 AM   #774
MVP

You have created an interest but do I need a food saver to use it? Other than a container what do I need? should food be put on a rack?

I'll look into it but I wish there was one I could try first.

I watched a video for brisket from smoker to bath to torch sear on briskets and butts. I am looking at the Flat Irons that I will be cooking tomorrow and wishing I could try it on them.

I am guessing you go by pound, thickness, and temp but I'm not sure when you know it's done. On a brisket, 1/2 turkey, or butt how do you know? I mean I saw a full brisket and 2 butts bath for 60 hours at 145 degrees. What happens if time is 4 hours longer/ shorter?

I would probably start with small chuck roasts, smoking before bathing to get the hang of it before I were to waste a 15lb brisket.

And, just to think, I had my eyes one one of these but it may have to wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
If you've never played with sous vide, entry is pretty inexpensive these days. You can get a decent circulator for $100 and a quite nice Joule for $150.

Everyone talks about steak, but it really shines, IMO, with chicken, pork, and fish. Chicken at 140-145, medium rare pork, and perfectly cooked fish are where it's at.

And things you wouldn't think of - custards that are finicky, creme brulee is super easy, and even dulce de leche just by pouring a can of condensed milk into a ball jar and letting it sit.

You might enjoy this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=243228
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.