View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #745
MVP

Looks mighty fine. Was it your first smoke? Nice spatchcock job too!!!

My suggestions are:

Throw out the hickory (Bitter) and use cherry, mulberry, or apple instead. I prefer cherry for chicken

Lay a piece of foil (not wrap) over the top when the edges start to turn that nasty brownish black color as that is a nasty flavor. taking the smoke wood off towards the end does the same thing.

Did you use a water bath? Anything in it? Type of smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
I followed this guys exact temperatures and it came out perfect. It was hands down some of the best chicken I’ve ate.

His temps:

My outcome:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.