View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #736
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Anybody smoke with oak regularly? What's the flavor like?

Some chicken thighs I did this weekend turned out OK, but it wasn't great. I'm not 100 percent sure it wasn't the oak wood I smoked with, as I've never used oak before.
I like to smoke with oak but you have to be careful who you buy from. Many of the places you buy from is contracted from saw mills and are quick kiln dried. This often looks seasoned but is green in the core. Its always best to leave the meat off till the white heat smoke disappears and a blueish smoke billows out. What you describe sounds like green unseasoned oak the creosote will spoil the meat and make a bitter flavor.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.