Thread: Movies and TV PBS Vietnam War Documentary
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #97
Live free or die hard

I'm not very well versed in the Vietnam war simply because it was before my time and it's not an event the schools hit on very well unlike WWII. I've only been through 2 episodes and can already write an essay but a couple standouts I took so far:

• I had no idea the French occupation and the US occupation overlapped so heavily
  • Kennedy is a POS for using war and death as a tool for re-election and was a catalyst for what occurred once LBJ took office
  • Hard to believe that America hasn't learned it cannot force its values on other cultures and if you do they'll fight till the death
  • This war was probably the first in the new generation of warfare in guerilla tactics and non-conventional campaign approach
  • My favorite quote so far: "we were the last generation to think that our government wouldn't lie to us"
  • I hate politicians. Every ****ing one of them. I don't care if they have a D or an R in front of their name. They are ALL inherently corrupt, self-serving ****s.
Wow, what a cluster **** in every imaginable way. It's like the devil himself won a bet and was able to pull the strings on this war.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.