Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #335
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Just finished the third episode. It's getting better.
I think so, too.

You had the science explorers vs military angle with Stamets bitching about his work being co-opted by Lorca and Starfleet as a whole, kind of a fish out of water comedic angle with Cadet Tilly bunking with Michael, the aforementioned rookie officer acting counter to typical tropes in confidently facing down the Klingon and the Starfleet higher ups doing shady shit (Lorca and Landry capturing the mutant carnivorous Tardigrade). On the shadiness note, I got distracted keeping up with the Las Vegas news Monday morning, so I couldn't discern whether or not just about everything involving Lorca's dealing with Michael were all deception or manipulation. Especially, for example, his light sensitivity.

Dunno where they are going with the "spore" storyline given the implications it would have on storytelling, but it was nice to see on screen Rekha Sharma again even though you know she'll probably be axed to give Michael a role to assume on the Discovery.

Edit: So I figured there'd be some handwringing about the tone of the third episode concerning the scenes on the U.S.S. Glenn, but it wasn't the first time there was a more family unfriendly episode. Context is for Kings reminded me a lot of DS9's Empok Nor episode. As I rewatch that episode now and look at the Memory Alpha article on it, I wasn't shocked to see Bryan Fuller got the story credit.

Last edited by Discuss Thrower; 10-04-2017 at 12:06 AM..
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.