View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #810
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I'm not in any way, shape, or form a Lakers fan, but I remember that team well; I used to live the NBA. Thanks for posting this.

Wasn't Mag a power forward when he returned?!? My brain is telling me he played on the block a bit like he did when he had to as a rookie.
Yeah. He came back...uh...thick.

He didn't have the lateral ability to defend guards and the Lakers has a couple of pretty good guards already in Jones and Nick the Quick. And Ceballos was their best player at the 3 so Magic just kinda settled into the 4. Fortunately it was just a tick before the stretch 4s really started to show up so you could get away with Magic's more limited mobility because he was still a pretty tall dude and could body up some of the more lumbering 4s in the league (who in many cases were just mediocre 5s).

Offensively he played point forward a lot. Van Exel still brought the ball up a fair amount but most of the offense went through Magic once he came back.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.