View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #387
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
They may want to tolerate him in Columbia, but every single Mizzou fan I know here in KC wants the guy gone.
Sure - that's always the reaction to a shit season.

But again - to what purpose and at what cost? The benefit would be to start a rebuild one year earlier. The cost is almost certainly any remaining shot at securing a couple of key gets out of the ShowMe18 class and punting on the only 'trueson' with legitimate long-term coaching potential. If you don't make Odom work, you're just going to be going through 'stepping stone' hires for the next decade and hoping that you stumble into another Pinkel (who, BTW, every Mizzou fan also wanted gone at various points throughout his tenure).

I do not believe Barry Odom will be a failure over a long enough timeline. He will be a good coach somewhere. If it's here, he's our guy for 25 years and can truly transform a program. I hate that we couldn't get a more seasoned version of him but it is what it is. Might as well do the seasoning in house now.

At this point the upside, no matter how remote, probably justifies the relatively small gains we get by firing him this off-season. I just don't see a Tom Herman kind of option available this year (and Herman told us no anyway). So when the best options are just the same kind of options that exist every season, I see no reason to hurry into a move.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.