View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #385
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
From what I saw in the Auburn game, this was an extremely poorly coached team. I say whack him, can't get any worse.
But oddly, isn't that as good a justification to keep him? I mean the guy's paid for. And the absolute unquestioned, by far best case scenario is that Barry Odom, who is Mizzou through and through, succeeds with this program.

We've already eaten the shit sandwich here, lads. Might as well see if there's even a 5% chance that he recovers and actually pushes us near the best case scenario outcomes we'd envisioned.

Because if you do fire him and let's say you get the #1 guy on your list (let's say you get Wittingham or Bobo), you're really just setting yourself up for the realization that this isn't either of those guy's destination jobs and they'll leave if they get to 8-9 wins and a better gig.

And for what gain? So you can get the guy that just happens to be THIS year's top property? As though there won't be someone available just like him next year? So you can get moving 1 year earlier on a rebuild?

It's funny, but the fall off has been so fast and so precipitous that you can really use it as justification for riding it out for another year just to see he can capitalize on the possibilities you saw when you hired him. Afterall - I'm not sure there's any more long-term damage that can be done by another year with him at the helm.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.