Thread: QB Impressions
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #607
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Joe Banner
Joe Banner @JoeBanner13
talking to Bears & Chiefs & watching Watson, it could turn out to have been a great QB class. Some teams in need may 2nd guess themselves
7:33 AM · Aug 10, 2017

**** NFL experts. "oh my god this class sucks wait for next year!". God I'm glad we finally pulled the damn trigger.

I will maintain what I said before the draft: this is a good QB class and I would have been happy with many of these guys. They all have ability and some warts.

I hope Mahomes, Watson, Kizer and Trubisky all turn into good starters for a long time so we can shit on these "experts" every year.
Some teams are adjusting their draft strategies to the product that's coming out of the NCAA these days, and some teams aren't.

You're going to see far more draft classes like 2017 where every top QB prospect has some sort of question mark or red flag that sticks out. If your scouts do their ****ing homework, those question marks and red flags shouldn't be an issue, but if you're clueless and waiting to be spoonfed a QB from the draft, you're going to be waiting a long time.

What did I say? If Darnold doesn't declare in 2018, that QB class isn't going to look nearly as special as people claimed it did. There will be some good QBs, but they're not going to be those perfect golden boys that everybody thought would flow like honey in 2018. Many of them are going to be rated about in the same range as the top 4 guys from 2017. And like every draft class, some will rise and some will fall. Will Rosen and Allen put it together and demonstrate their talent can be translated to the NFL? They might. They might not. They both might fall to the 3rd round. They might go 1st and 2nd overall.

The night we drafted Mahomes was so goddamn glorious. We didn't wait until 2018. We saw a guy we liked and we traded to GO GET him. It feels great to have a vision and not just be a team that says, "We're going to keep folding pre-ante until we're dealt pocket aces."
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.