View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 05:17 AM   #9088
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
That probably more to how finicky you are about the definition of [med] rare.

I say medium rare, but if the meat is good enough, anything above room temperature is good enough for me.

That's why I said room temp to grill. The grill is for the Malliard, and the time for the crust is unavoidable, and it's likely that whatever interior temp achieved in that time is sufficient, particularly with this meat.

For me, the even more than the precise temp control, sous vide is about the buttery texture for cheaper cuts over time.

I'm good with rare beef on a prime cut like this, assuming we're not talking "blue," but the wife won't do rare. Sous vide really shines on the long cooks with cheap cuts, but equally useful for perfectly cooking large pieces of meat that would otherwise be pretty difficult to get perfect.

Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.