Thread: Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #1515
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
This. It's mind bottling to hear everyone bitch about HBO and D&D. All of the shortcuts we're seeing now are because GRRM is milking the shit of it and never meets deadlines. I have to imagine everyone at HBO is sick of it.
D&D have earned their share of criticism (please God, let the decision-making this season be to set up GRRM's fantastic conclusion), but I feel a lion's share of the blame falls on GRRM's shoulders.

I think it's pretty evident that D&D are racing toward a pre-set conclusion established by Martin, but weren't given a clear road-map on how to get there. Welp, when you have an author who proclaimed as late as Season ****ing 3 that he had zero worries that the show would catch him, these are the types of propulsive, narrative leaps that D&D are going to take after devoting over a decade of their lives to this project.

I am very hopeful that this recent hack of HBO causes some juicy drama fueled e-mails from HBO execs to be released about GRRM's pacing. GRRM didn't owe it to anyone to finish the books, but Beyond the Wall is the obvious casualty of Martin's inability to meet a ****ing deadline.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.