View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 12:19 PM   #203
Supporter

http://deadline.com/2017/08/han-solo...ws-1202153484/

What’s happening with the Young Han Solo movie? Any news on that?

Oh, well, the role was just out of this world. The set—if you’re jaded when you walk into a set like Star Wars, you need to get the hell out of this business. It’s just overwhelming to see that and think, This is my office. I’ll never lose that feeling. I’ve got a huge amount of respect for Emilia Clarke and Woody Harrelson. To work with Woody again, because of that friendship. And Emilia Clarke, man, I think she’s amazing. I love what she does, what she brings. She’s a great human being, and we got along so well on set. Then the costume! I ate all that stuff up. But unfortunately, no one will ever get to see it. I feel pretty confident that I’ll be asked to go back into that galaxy, but it won’t be for Han Solo.

You were cut because of Ron Howard’s re-shoot schedule?

When Ron Howard got hired to finish out the film, there were some re-shoot issues that needed to be done in regards to my character, in order for it to match the new direction which the producers wanted Ron to carry the film in. And that would have required me on a plane a month ago to London, to Pinewood, to do re-shoots. But I’m here, on location in Africa. It’s scheduling. I’m not going to be back on the market until the end of November after Hap and Leonard, and for them to wait that long for me, that would have pushed back the release date, which I believe is in May 2018. They wanted me now; I couldn’t go. So they had to clip clip clip.

But I walked away with really an amazing experience. I really got stronger in my instrument. I had to create this character who was half-human, and half-animal, and it was unlike anything I’ve ever had to do before. I wanted to not have him look, feel, sound, or walk like anything I’ve ever done. I had to create something I’ve never seen myself do. I really got to go heavy into the dream assignment. We created a kick-ass character, in my opinion. I’m proud of it. I was a little bothered by it, but I don’t think anything in that galaxy is final, and I don’t think that me not being in the Star Wars family is final. I think something will transpire somewhere down the line. I left with a very good taste in my mouth about the whole family, and I hope that I left a good taste in their mouth. They’re a great group of people, the Lucas family.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.