Thread: Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 03:17 PM   #483
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Shit's moving right along now. I kind of like it.
I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I'm definitely ready for shit to just get done. On the other, it definitely doesn't seem as cohesive as it did when they had GRRM's books to work off of. There are just a ton of "Oh, so that happened" kinds of things going on.
  • Euron built 1000 ships in like a month or two. Using all the trees that grow on the Iron Islands.
  • Dany strolls in to Dragonstone, which had just been left empty by the Lannisters. Because, who needs a strategic outpost like that right in front of Blackwater bay.
  • Jorah is healed in a day, and the Maester is just like "Oh, cool. You can go now." Keep in mind this is a disease that is, in theory, highly contagious and completely untreatable.
  • Yara's ships seemingly have no weapons whatsoever. While heading off to war.
You can come up with plenty of other examples. Can you try really hard and come up with an explanation for each of those in the REALM of possibility? Sure, but they're all pretty hard to buy.

So again, I'm glad we're getting it done, but I do think in the imaginary world where all the books were done first (or ever), the show would have been stronger.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.