View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #4653
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Are you sure about that? He's got a 4.83 FIP. He hasn't pitched all that well. His .225 babip suppresses his true ERA. It's about to jump up to FIP levels soon. He's another Jason Hammel or Ian Kennedy, this year anyway
Nah.

Lynn's been a guy that pitches below his FIP and xFIP for a very long time now. His WHIP is low, his K rate is above average, his BB rate is below average. He's given up a lot of HRs due to an abnormally high HR/FB rate (and by 'abnormally high' I mean more than twice what one would expect). For any regression he sees in his BABIP, he'll get just as much regression in an impossibly high HR/FB rate - that's a trade I'd make without hesitation.

He's a good pitcher. Not a great one, but a good one. I'd take him over Mike Leake 100 times out of 100 and Leake got $80 million. He'll pass on the QO and get more than $50 million on the market.

And no, Jason Hammel blows. Ian Kennedy...eh, he might be Kennedy prior to his KC stint but Kennedy's been shittier in KC than Lynn.

There's not a good way to explain Lynn - he's just a weird duck. There aren't many guys that get away with throwing 80% fastballs and since that's how Lynn operates, I think he scrambles some metrics here and there. Especially since he's so lefty prone. I think he'd continue to beat his metrics anywhere you put him.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.