Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Greinke 9.5?
Yus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Randy Johnson by fWAR.
Zack Greinke by bWAR.
Yep.

Sometimes I forget how phenomenal Zack was in 2009. He was simply unparalleled in terms of his dominance that season. For a while I thought it'd be the closest thing I'd see to "playoff fever" in KC. Attendance tended to be something like 13K for a regular game and 20K for Greinke games iirc.

I remember the Royals sold EVERY seat for 50% off during his last start of his Cy Young season. The National Media (including CC Sabathia) was starting to openly suggest that Greinke wasn’t worthy of the CY because of his “win count” and the fact that he pitched in the AL Central. For the Royals last start they basically rolled out the red carpet and HYPED Zack’s chances between every half inning. My parents drove me up from the Hutchinson area to see the game, and Zack went on to dominate (including a clutch strikeout of eventual MVP Joe Mauer), and the most hilarious thing about it is he thought the whole event was “pretty annoying”. Almost 30K attended that game iirc, and I thought it’d be the closest thing I’d ever see to a sellout.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 07-25-2017 at 07:37 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.