View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 10:08 PM   #38
Cynical Misanthrope

I bet Bray for a few reasons:

1) Bray knows the playbook

2) We are better off red shirting Mahomes to work on fundamentals and to learn the playbook. Mahomes made an interesting comment after rookie camps. He said something to the effect of, "When I was in college, our playing style made me focus on ensuring the offensive players were in position when I went to the line. Coach Reid is teaching me to focus on where the defensive players are." That shift won't come overnight. Mahomes is not ready for the pro game right now.

3) Team doesnt want to take a chance on injury to Mahomes

4) Nobody wants a QB controversy. Last year, Smith got a concussion in Indy. Foles stepped in and did a decent job but nothing to create waves. What do you think happens if that same thing occurs again and Mahomes is the second string? The outside pressure to start Mahomes would be intense. I make no pretense of knowing what the locker room would say but we already have people on this site arguing that Mahomes will be the starter by Thanksgiving. Andy Reid's press conference today shows he does a great job of putting out fires and reducing conflict. One primary way would be to de-fuse it before it can begin.

I admit it's possible Mahomes will play so well that Reid is forced to make him the number 2 QB but realistically, it is best if Mahomes is #3 this year.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.