View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #191
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I agree 100%. Add to the cap mess Dorsey's tendency to go maverick and you have a good reason to can a GM.
All the reasons you all have mentioned in this thread are right on for sure about Dorsey's shortcomings. But IMHO as I have said before, Clark and Dorsey never liked each other from the get go with Clark feeling like he never had Dorsey's respect as Dorsey looked down over his glasses down his nose at Clark all the time. And over time Dorsey wore on AR as well becoming increasingly frustrated that Dorsey was no yes man to him either, with Dorsey pretty much calling the shots in all the previous drafts/FAs that have been very successful with Reid taking a quiet resentful back seat.

There was a gradual indirect coup overtime where you had personnel staff, players and coaches all going to Clark separately complaining about Dorsey and his "bully my way or the highway ways" and Clark had had enough but was smart enough to take advantage of Dorsey's strength before letting him go prior to the draft.

When you have the owner saying stuff like "needing to get the personnel staff up to the same grade as the coaching staff(my paraphrase of course) that is a HUGE TELL.

This was very personal for Clark in firing Dorsey. And Clark enjoyed every bit of catching Dorsey off guard I assure you.

Just my opinion.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.