Thread: QB Impressions
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #579
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe View Post
He could also end up with a 2nd round grade.

I LOVED Allen. Loved the build, the arm talent, the gambler's instinct. I started a thread about him in the draft forum when there was talk of him coming out and said I'd probably use a 1st on him if he did.

Allen's going to be exciting as hell.

But apart from having a slightly better build (love the height advantage), what sets him apart from Mahomes?

They're remarkably similar players with Allen having the added concerns of competition level. The major distinction I see is that both guys rarely show their 'good' mechanics but when they do, Allens are closer to ready than Mahomes are. Mahomes does so many things wrong with his lower half that it's going to take a long time to change them. Allen's problem isn't that he can't do those things right - it's that he rarely does.

Mahomes might need to be re-taught whereas Allen needs to have them re-emphasized, if that makes any sense.

If Allen would've come out early, I'd have taken him over Mahomes. But he didn't and if it turns out he's the top 5 prospect that many think he can make himself, well the Chiefs were extremely unlikely to get him anyway. So in the end, why should I still lose sleep over Josh Allen?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.