View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #477
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
While Lavar is annoying as ****, I do respect what he has done business wise and building a brand. He's the reason why everybody is talking about his sons, and it's definitely not bad publicity, if there is a such a thing business wise outside of criminal activity. I like Lonzo though. He seems like a great kid and I wish him all the success in the world.
I knew about Lonzo Ball before I knew about LaVar. It wasn't until Lonzo was establishing himself as a unique talent that I knew a damn thing about LaVar.

People are talking about Lonzo because he's not something we've seen in a very long time. The pass-first, 'see the angles' pointguard is a dinosaur these days. But they're fun as hell.

People were talking about Ben Simmons just as much last year because we hadn't seen a point forward with his passing skills since Magic (okay, maybe since LeBron, but LeBron was just a freak in so many ways whereas Simmons was a passing forward with the world's ugliest jumper). Unique players get attention and Lonzo would've gotten it without Lavar.

Lavar's influence has been overstated at this point, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.