View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #1000
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
So making a comment on the year he had and his career is suggesting he's some elite future TOR pitcher? All I see are facts.

Hamas is a guy who think Hendricks ran some miracle BABIP to a near Cy Young season when his current shit year has a BABIP average just .009 points higher.
When he calls Hendricks a '#3 starter with average stuff' and you start to cite a good career ERA/WHIP and the fact that he outpitched Kershaw in the post-season, I find it difficult to now listen to you try to argue that he was just some crap starter.

If he says he's a #3 starter and you argue with him, are you NOT calling Hendricks a top of the rotation starter? Because 1/2 are the top of the rotation, near as I can tell.

And I ask again - what's the difference between Quintana and Lester? if anything, THAT would be what frustrates me - Quintana's stuff isn't complementary to what you have. He's a very similar pitcher to the guy you'll have at the top anyway. And if you lose Arrieta next year, your 1 and 2 starters are going to be very similar pitching off each other. That's not generally a great recipe.

But it doesn't mean Quintana isn't a very good pitcher in his own right. If he's 'nothing special' then neither is Jon Lester.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.