View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #982
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Not a fan of the trade at all.

Full panic mode to try and win a shit division only to get swept by the Dodgers in the playoffs because 1 pitcher isn't going to change shit. Especially Quintana who isn't even a TOR guy.
I'm curious to know if Jimenez has more trade value than Schwarber at this point. I think he might.

The Schwarber for Fulmer trade offer I understood - Schwarber just isn't an OFer and he's going to hurt himself again out there. He needs to be in the AL. But Schwarber couldn't get Fulmer and I'd imagine if he was enough to get Quintana, they'd have made that move.

By dealing Jimenez, they sure seem to be committing to Schwarber in LF for the foreseeable future, no? Which seems to me to be...unwise.

As for whether or not it will matter - if he pitches 12 strong games and in the process gets them 2-3 more wins than they'd have gotten out of Butler (isn't he your 5 at the moment?), that may be enough to get them past a fun but flawed Milwaukee team. And in the playoffs, the Cubs are still dangerous. The big game pedigree of your starting staff shouldn't be ignored and I have to believe that sooner or later that starting 8 will un**** itself.

It's a steep price but if I were a Cubs fan, I'd have a hard time believing that the Cubs won't just go find a new Jimenez. Theo and Hoyer know their hitting prospects. Jason McLeod is impressive as hell in his own right.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.