View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #962
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Pirates hung 10 on the Cubs in the top of the 1st.
Been awhile since I've watched a game. It's absolutely amazing to me how the **** this team is even close to .500.

With those 10 1st inning runs I believe that puts them at 80 for the season. And they've trailed in all but like 20 games this season. It's beyond pathetic.

Pretty amazing what losing David Ross, a backup catcher, and Dexter Fowler can do to a team.

Worst part about it is that the FO sounds like they are going to ****ing panic and grab a rental catcher in Alex Avila. How much is it going to cost to get 2 months of a catcher hitting for .900 OPS? And for what? This team needs about 3 playoff caliber pitchers and a leadoff man that possesses the ability to steal bases and create offense outside of homeruns. There's zero chance that a ****ing part time catcher is going to elevate the team and put them in a position to compete with the Dodgers or Nationals.

I would rather them sell Davis to the Nationals. He's the Cubs only player for the AS game and he's been perfect in save opportunities. The Nationals have a god awful bullpen and Davis would easily be the best closer available on the market. I doubt they could get an offer like the Yankees go for both Chapman and Miller, but even if they could get Fedde and Soto that would be amazing.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.