View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #613
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Nah, eat what you like, dude.

Agree 100% on the Thermapen.

Burgers: S&P only, sometimes a homemade seasoned salt. Grill over high heat for 2-3 minutes for medium rare-medium. I like a hard sear on burgers.

Steak: S&P only, maybe also some granulated garlic. I prefer a compound butter. I often sous vide and finish over high heat for 60-90 seconds. If I'm grilling the entire piece, I usually reverse sear.

Brisket: I used to do complex rubs, it since I did a Dalmatian rub a few months ago, don't think I'll go back. Smoked in the PBC for 6-7 hours. Separate point and flat, warp flat and leave in a cooler wrapped in towels. Chop point and back out to the smoker for 1-2 hours.

Pork: Usually sous vide, and usually S&P only. But I'm more apt to braise pork in something.
I at least presume you mean 'per side'. 2-3 minutes on a hot grill will give you raw hamburgers. I take mine off at 140 and that's generally in the 8-10 minute total range (and I don't adhere to the 'flip once' school; I do about 2 minutes and flip; 3-4 flips total).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.