View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #603
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Okay grill masters, please list out your favorite seasonings and how much you apply.

Hamburgers

Steaks

Pork

Brisket

Etc.

I would also like to know about what temps you guys set your grills to. I am decent, but want to get better at grilling.

Thanks guys.
First get yourself a thermapen. Cook things to the right temperature. Everything else is ancillary. Thermapens read in under 3 seconds and are accurate to less than a degree. Remember it will cook a little after you get it off the fire, but the real big key is knowing internal temp.

Hamburger
McCormic has a Montreal steak seasoning that has treated me well. Season salt and that stuff and you can't go wrong. /Runs before FMB! Crucifies me.

If you make your own patties try some other stuff. I've had decent luck mixing in some Oklahoma Joes BBQ sauce (sams carries it last I looked) and some kosher salt and pepper. It's nice for a change.

I cook burgers pretty hot. You have to pay pretty close attention but I have better luck keeping them juicy if I cook over higher heat. I can churn out decent burgers at low temps too though and it is safer.

Steaks
Pretty much just go with season salt and the McCormick stuff. temps are usually not too high.

I don't grill much pork.

I wouldn't grill a brisket unless you can do offset heat.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.