View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 05:14 AM   #3280
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
That is surprising. Most people on Facebook would lose their shit if they sold anything and want this team to buy as much as they can. Selling is a logical proposition. I don't expect it to be a popular one. In a vacuum, I think it would be the best thing for the team to do in the long run. But nothing is in a vacuum, and you run the risk pissing off your fanbase. You really can't explain selling to the common fan if you are in a current WC spot. But, the Royals sure alienated this fan base for two decades. I remember, back in 2011. Nobody around here gave any shits about the Royals. They didn't even know the 3rd best player on the team. The avg fan knew nothing about baseball, they just went to occasional games to eat hot dogs and hope for free Krispy Kreme donuts.

From 1990 to 2012 this team didn't win more than 83 games one year. And from 1997 to 2012 was even worse, and I started really following this team around 1998 when I hit high school or so. It was a long long ****ing journey. I sure as shit don't want to endure garbage again.
Dude. We ****ing get it. You're scared shitless that the Royals are going to suffer through two decades of pure hell if they don't immediately dismantle this team. You've posted the same bullshit at least a hundred ****ing times. Give it a rest.

What part of "selling doesn't guarantee ANYTHING" don't you understand? The Royals aren't going to flip any of their half-season rentals into a bunch of fantastic prospects. It's already been pointed out to you that we don't have Greinke and Will Myers with several years of control as trading chips. With the exception of Herrera, all of these guys are going to be free agents. We aren't going to flip these guys for younger versions of Cain, Escobar, Shields, and Davis. It's not going to happen.

Just stop with the repetitive history lessons. I've been a Royals fan a hell of a lot longer than you have. I've been a fan ever since this team played its very first game in 1969. NOBODY in this world has been a Royals fan LONGER than I have, and I have endured every losing season this team has ever had. I endured all of the horrible years when this team was the laughingstock of major league baseball and every season was not just a losing season, it was a lost season because no progress was ever made towards long-term improvement.

What you are completely ignoring is the fact that this team went into the toilet because Ewing Kauffman died, the team didn't even have an owner for several years, and the farm system was completely obliterated during that time period. This team had no vision and it had no leadership.

Things are completely different now. We have an owner who has been doing all of the right things for over a decade. We have a GM who completely transformed the farm system from a shitty one into a great one. The farm system obviously isn't as deep as it was when Hosmer, Moose, Cain, Duffy, Herrera, Myers, Perez and all of the others were in it because by every measure that farm system was historically good. No farm system is as good as that one was. That doesn't mean today's farm system sucks.

So please SHUT THE **** UP with all of your gloom and doom predictions. It's getting really ****ing old. Relax and enjoy the ride. This team is starting to look a lot like the 2014 team that shocked the world by making it to the World Series. They win games in a completely different way from that team, and they depend upon home runs instead of cyborgs in the bullpen, but this team has shown an incredible amount of heart and resiliency.

So just stop with all of your hand-wringing and your insistence that this team should be dismantled. I appreciate the fact that you care about this team, but you need to ****ing relax.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.