View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #892
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
DJ,

I would not have a problem with any of those moves. Other than Carpenter (possibly Fowler) we have a logjam #6 and #7 hitters at best. We don't have the pieces to land a middle of the order bat without stripping the already thin prospect list. They won't do it but I like it.

I just hope they don't trade Kelly. He is starting to hit this year at Memphis and could be used at 1B or even 3b if they have a sell off.
If they trade Kelly it shows just how poor their understanding of the competition cycle is.

Molina just got a 'thank you' deal and has nothing to do with winning baseball games ever again. Meanwhile, Kelly is still only 22. Leave him in the minors for two more years for all I care; he'll still be 25 when it's go-time. Realistically I think you can leave him down there for one more year next year (age 23) and ride Fryer. Then in his age 24 season he's a true backup for Molina; starts maybe 30-40 games to get used to the game and work with Yadi. Then in 2020 at age 25 you hand him the reigns with Yadi being a very expensive caddy. At worst a 60/40 split in Kelly's favor.

This team has no business at all trading Carson Kelly. He should be seen as part of the 2020 wave of guys that may actually matter to a contender. Y'know, him, Perez, Bregman, Devers and Rutherford...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.