Thread: Movies and TV Top Gun 2
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 07:33 AM   #14
Resident Glue Sniffer

Interesting ,Dane. I think that's a good plot. Be interesting to see how they develop that.

it's also a bit ironic too that when the movie came out, dogfighting was already basically obsolete. AIM-7's, and AIM-120's pretty much made dog fighting a thing of the past, at least in the traditional sense like Vietnam and how they portrayed it in Top Gun. I remember talking to one of my pilots in my Navy squadron, and he said something to the effect "If you're ever in a spot where you're fighting with guns only, because your too close to get valid shot parameters from your missiles....you're basically in a bad spot and probably best to just get out of doge".

I get it though, that makes for better Movies rather than a scene where Maverick fires a forward quarter shot from 75 miles of closure with the bandit.....and the missile exits stage left....annnnnnd 'scene'. That would be a boring movie. lol. But I was super bummed when I ended up at my Navy squadron and the pilots basically crushed my hopes that i would meet a cool dog-fighting pilot like Maverick.lol
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.