View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #7929
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think Kenji once did an article on making batter that sticks better. I obviously don't remember his advice but it's mostly because I tend to deep fry stuff or not fry it at all.

I thought I remembered Alton Brown saying that pan frying tends to keep batters stuck to things far better and it has something to do with not flash-steaming moisture out and away from the protein (and thus not creating the layer between the protein and the breading as they cook). So the theory was that pan-frying allows the batter to adhere to the meat by slowly releasing the moisture from the meat as it cooks.

That makes sense, and this was deep fried (I tend to pan fry because cleanup is easier).
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.