View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #729
Supporter

Can someone help me out here? I'm wondering what the implications would be if we sent Gordon back to Omaha? If someone claimed him, would they be on the hook for Gordon's contract or would we still be saddled with that thing. I'm assuming that the team claiming Gordon would have to meet the contract obligations....in which case, I doubt anyone would claim him. And, in that case, the Royals would be paying a huge contract to a guy playing for Omaha.

If that assessment is correct, I don't really see the downside of sending Gordo to Omaha. First of all, it'd open up a Roster spot for a better hitter (maybe moving Bonifacio to LF, Soler to RF) while ridding ourselves of a .220 lightweight (as proven by last year's batting average together with this year's continued assault on Mendoza (with zero power)).

Anyway, would this work or have I misconstrued how contracts/waivers work?
Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Meatloaf Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.