View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #1651
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I havent' read the whole thread so apologies if these points have been made but in consuming every bit of Mahomes related information I can find, I've noticed a couple of things.

1) Those crazy throws; the ones against the grain, across his body, late and over the middle. Plays that people say will kill him at this level. Most of those throws are to guys that don't have anyone within 5 yards of them. Not all of them, mind you, but you tend to see them in scramble drills where someone has left their man and that guy is standing in wide open space. For all the "that gets picked off in the NFL" talk, well yes and no. Yes, the odds of a WR having that kind of space on a broken play are significantly diminished. But so are the odds that Mahomes throws it. You can see plenty of plays where he's scrambling about, looking all over and just decides to find an outlet, run it or throw it OOB. I think the 'you can't do that in the NFL' throws are generally just when coverage has been completely blown and if that happens, you can STILL throw that in the NFL when you have the physical ability to get it there. He does.

2) The Air Raid offense has a lot of quick hitters, bubble screens, etc...; the same kind of stuff he'll do here with fair frequency, IMO. But man, that easy velocity he generates may be enough to get Hill or Maclin or Kelce a full extra step to work with. He hardly has to wind up at all and the ball can get 10-12 yards without a hump on it. That's huge when you're working with a play that is completely dependent on the pass-catcher getting a little space to work with. I think there's an excellent chance that his arm strength can be just as valuable on the passes at the line of scrimmage as it is on the 20 yard seam routes.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.