View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #366
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan View Post
Mahomes comment from USA today:
10. Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech - Kansas City Chiefs (from Bills)
Grade: C
Analysis: Calling Mahomes a project is a major understatement. He's nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. And, honestly, he may never be. Between his inconsistent accuracy due to poor mechanics, his tendency to bail from clean pockets and his lack of field vision, he's going to leave as many big plays on the field as he creates. This was a risky pick.
I trust Reid and Dorsey. The talking heads disdain for Aaron Rodgers will always stick out to me.

Quote:
“I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn’t have great ability to change the release of the football. He’s mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better.”
Quote:
“I don’t like him. He’s a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing. If you take him in the second round, fine. Heady guy. They do a marvelous job of coaching quarterbacks there. I don’t think he’s as good as the top quarterbacks coming out last year.”
Not that he'll become Rodgers, but honestly, I don't even care if he busts. I'm just thrilled the Chiefs are taking a chance here - and at the end of the day, I trust Reid and Dorsey's confidence to develop him over the hot takes of national columnists.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 04-28-2017 at 08:14 AM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.