View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #2405
Veteran

I have to share something with all of you about something a Planeteer did for me. I will not give his name or handle out because I don't know if he would want to stay anonymous or not, so I will play it safe and keep his name out of it.

I got a PM and this man whom I have never met face to face said he sent me via UPS an authentic Chiefs helmet signed by Derrick Thomas. I was and still am blown away. He wanted to thank me in a big way for how I have affected his life. I am so moved, humbled, and grateful for such an incredible gesture.

Now, don't go saying to yourselves that you should send me things, too. You all have given so much back to me already. When I read posts about how I have inspired you, made you look at life in a different and better way, and how you want to get more involved in your faith through the church, it warms my heart so deeply.

If I have had such an impact on even just 100 of you, then I am glad to be going through this. Every pain, twinge, surgery, and all the other things I am enduring is worth it because when I prayed to God, saying, "Lord, with whatever time I have left, please let me be able to do some good." That prayer was answered quickly and clearly with no subtlety.

I was looking back at my life the other day and I remembered the first time I truly helped someone. I was in 4th grade and at recess, a saw a small crowd at the edge of the cornfield (yep, school was out in the farmland) and they were gathered around Larry, a reeruned boy whose mind was like a 7 year old at best and he'd be that way for life. I knew they had to be making fun of him somehow. As I approached I heard a boy tell Larry that an old dried out to white piece of dog feces was a hotdog and he should eat it because it was such a good hotdog. Then poor Larry took a bite and they all scattered laughing or said ewwww, gross!

I went to Larry's side, just the two of us now as the others went back to the playground. I remembered Jesus saying that which you do to the least of you, you do unto me. I told Larry to never trust them and that it was poison, not food. He seemed confused a bit so I repeated, never eat that, it will make you very sick. He nodded and had a sad look on his face as he dropped the crusty dog turd. I think I walked back to the playground with him and played tether ball or kick ball. When we were called to line up, the special needs students were in their line and the rest of us in another. I said, "Hey, Larry, do the fire engine sound from that show Emergency. My teacher got in my face and said not to tease him. I said I wasn't and Larry is really good at it. So I said it again to him and he cut loose, sounding just like the fire truck siren. He did that wail and said, "Emergency!" and ended with some more siren sounds. I clapped and said, "That was great, Larry!" He didn't speak but had a big smile on his big sweet innocent face.

Last edited by Lonewolf Ed; 04-19-2017 at 11:02 PM..
Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lonewolf Ed is obviously part of the inner Circle.