View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #987
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Actually they are indeed flying used hardware for the first launch (both side boosters - the center core will be new). The center cores are apparently having to be manufactured differently (they had hoped that the Heavy would be nothing but 3 F9's strapped together), so it can't be used until they recover an actual FH core.

As for the launch, Elon has described it as a "high risk" mission, so I'm guessing they're confident enough in the used cores that they don't think they will be the cause of a failure. And if they're worried about it making it in the first place, better to dump two previously-flown boosters than a new one.
I get the logic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.